View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 6:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 My Experience of Using Ping Rapture V2s 
Post My Experience of Using Ping Rapture V2s
Having recently discarded my Ping i3 Irons after 10 years loyal service in favour of a competitor's shiny new product
I was intrigued by the opportunity of trying Ping's most recent entry into the marketplace.
Ping haven't always been famous for producing aesthetically pleasing clubs, in the traditional sense, and the Rapture V2 range are certainly no exception.
Being something of a traditionalist myself, if I was looking to purchase a set of clubs on looks alone then they would simply be overlooked, with their oversize head, wide sole, chunky top line, deep cavity back and lime green logo
, but after using them I may have to reassess my outdated views.
On address the large offset kept the hands forward and the wide sole enabled the club to sit comfortably behind the ball. The chunky top line and oversized head provided me with a feeling of confidence, I felt as though I didn't have to swing the club particularly hard to send the ball away and that indeed proved to be the case.
Upon impact, even the hard driving range
balls felt soft off the face and left the bay with a higher trajectory than I was used to but with no discernable loss of distance. This trajectory is enabled through a tungsten sole weight which positions the center of gravity low and away from the titanium face.
Progressing through the set there was consistent feel and the off centre hits produced better results and feeling than I was used to. Even hitting the usually more difficult 3 and 4 irons produced more consistent results and I would even dare to say increased distance.
Overall these clubs are designed for the game improver, Ping classify them as 'Super Game Improvement'. They produce the loft and forgiveness required by the higher handicapper without any loss of distance, in fact they could find themselves hitting the ball further than they are used to.
If you are looking to improve your game and have the funds available - as usual with a set of Ping irons they don't come cheap - I would highly recommend the investment.
After all, when your scores start going down and you're still using them in a year's time you'll have forgotten the expense.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:57 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: My Experience of Using Ping Rapture V2s
I don't know too much about the Ping Rapture V2, but if anyone is interested you might be able to find a good deal below. Be sure to check the seller's history and compare images with official website pictures.

Current Ping Rapture V2 eBay auctions:

Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Teeing Off

Post Re: My Experience of Using Ping Rapture V2s
Yeah Ping hasn't exactly been known for aesthetics, but if you think about it, aesthetics should play second fiddle to functionality. If a club maker is going to alter the shape of a club to make it look nice, then it's effectiveness will drop. I might be more inclined to buy clubs that don't look nice because I know the maker placed more emphasis on functionality. I also respect players with Ping in their golf bags as I know they value function over look.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]